Scroll down for more CDBA information!
April 21 Meeting is Cancelled
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the CDBA Board of Directors has cancelled the April 18, 2020 general meeting. The safety of our members is of utmost concern to us and we wish you and your families good health. Please stay tuned for further updates over coming weeks. (last updated on 04/04/2020)
Even though we are unable to meet in person this month, here are some links to help you improve your beekeeping from the comfort of your own home! More will be added as they become available.
- Tips for Beginners: Installing Package Bees — a presentation about installing bee packages (revised from presentation given at March 2019 CDBA Meeting)
- University of Guelph Honeybee Research Center — The UG Honeybee Research Center conducts apiculture research focused on honey bee health. They also provide a university level apiculture course, weekend beekeeping courses, and many other educational experiences.
- University of Minnesota Bee Lab’s Bee Squad — the Bee Squad helps beekeepers and the community in the Twin Cities promote the conservation, health, and diversity of bee pollinators through research, education, and hands-on mentorship.
- Michigan Pollinator Initiative — Provided by Michigan State University’s College of Natural Resources, this site provides links to lots of useful resources and information for beekeepers.
- Bee Culture Magazine — Check out this site if you are looking for some informative reading about all-things-beekeeping.