‘The CDBA last year started the application process with the IRS to become an IRS 501(C)(3) Charitable Organization. On 2/18/2017 the membership voted at a general meeting to change our organization articles of incorporation not-for-profit paperwork to come into compliance with IRS rules. Once that paperwork was filed, the IRS approved our 501(C)(3) application effective Feb 24th 2017.
What we do as a Charitable Organization
- Educate the public and beekeepers about beekeeping and products of the hive by:
- Using local knowledge and guidance of current beekeepers
- Bring in guest speakers who are experts in their field.
- Provide demonstrations of new and trusted process for beekeeping
- Provide scholarships for junior beekeepers for beginning beekeeping classes.
- Provide public assistance for honey bee swarm and cut-out removals.
- Provide public education by attending special events and fairs
- and much much more.
If you care to donate you may do so at any time by clicking the PayPal link here. All donations are fully tax deductible.